Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Souls Day - To my brother and grandma


Today is All-Souls Day. We usually celebrate this day to remember our departed loved ones by paying a visit to the cemeteries, to light candles and place flowers on their graves. Since I am not able to visit my grandma in the Philippines and also my brother, Chuck, in Canada — I wanted to dedicate this post to them. To my grandma, Lucia and to my big brother, Chuck, I miss you and I love you always.
Rest in Peace.

- Mitchie

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger coco said...

I stopped by your blog because I wanted to check out your trick or treat piece, which is adorable. However I would also like to comment on this piece. This is a very sweet tribute to your brother and grandma. The picture and sentiment is very touching, they must be so proud of you.

10:56 PM  
Blogger pati said...

Your illo is so touching, Michelle. I agree with Coco, your family must be proud of you.

Un abrazo enorme.

Pati

4:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

Thanks Pati :) You are too sweet. Thanks Coco too!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kstyles said...

Very touching Michelle. Very nice piece as well!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very nice. Your brother was the cook, wasn't he?

11:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Sweet tribute :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

Hi Michelle, This post touched me because of the losses I have also experienced. I think this is a wonderful tribute. We never stop missing those we love and have lost, but hopefully we are one day reunited with them once again. This is my hope for you. Meanwhile, I hope you are comforted by happy memories. - kate : )

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home